Tuesday 24 November 2015

251115.

They said there are five stages of grief
So here is to hiding in denial, a river in my homeland
And here is my angry letter, in a crazy moment I sent
Here is my bargaining poem
And my writer’s block depression
And here is me accepting it but I am still in remission

They said wishes and prayers are powerful tools
So I wished upon a shooting star for you to stay safe,
And I prayed in the rain for you to never hurt again,
I wished on all the mystical dates for your heart to find peace,
And prayed for your return but all were wasted years

So I said to hell with it all, the grieving and the art, the wishing and praying
Here is my anger and my broken heart
Naked, displayed for the whole world to see
I summed up all the cruelty and wrote down my spell

Then once upon a time, you came late at night
You said you saw it all and my prayers have been right
But darling don’t you see, I never meant you harm
I prayed for months and weeks, for you to stay well
Then just this one day, I wished you’d feel my hell

If just this one prayer has actually been heard
Then who am I to tell, that the rest wasn’t as well
So here is for the golden memories and for my sweet paperman
My prayers were not wasted and I will pray for you some more
May your soul find peace and the stars light your way home
May you find it in your heart to someday forget it all
May kindness overwhelm you and love overflows
’cause darling, if your love was a grain of sand
Mine would be a universe of endless beaches.
Prayer, Passant A. AbdelAal 

No comments: